Why your skin needs botanical oils to stay healthy
Botanicals are nature’s gift to skincare. Loaded with nutrients, botanical oils contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fatty acids that can help nourish and protect your skin. These unique properties can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and blemishes by delivering essential ingredients deep into the skin. Botanicals can also reduce inflammation, hydrate the skin and provide a protective barrier against environmental damage.
Although it usually takes 4-6 weeks of consistent use to see noticeable changes in your skin, there are some immediate benefits of using botanical oils in your daily skincare routine.
The fatty acid content helps to nourish and protect your skin's lipid barrier, softening, moisturizing, and strengthening your skin. The oils also help to lock in moisture and hydration, keeping your skin soft and protected all day long.
Long term benefits
There are many long term benefits to using skincare products made with botanical ingredients. They are often high in antioxidants, helping to protect against free radical damage as well as repairing and protecting against environmental damage.
They are regenerative and skin structure supportive by helping to increase elastin, promote collagen production, and tissue growth.
These benefits aren't always easily noticeable as you can't see the slow down in development of wrinkles, fine lines, and skin wall thickness, but rest assured that the botanicals are working their magic.
Some of our favorite botanical oils and what we love about them
- Argan oil - This popular oil is often referred to as 'liquid gold'. A light, moisturizing, and easily absorbing oil, locks in moisture leaving your skin soft and healthy. She is known to help protect your skin against free radical damage.
- Avocado oil - This popular superfood oil is high in carotenoids and can help protect against and repair UV light damage. She is known to help rejuvenate your skin by supporting collagen and skin cell tissues. She absorbs easily, brightens dark spots, and nourishes your skin structure.
- Baobab seed oil - This moisturizing oil is healing and rejuvenating. A lovely oil for regeneration, supports tissue, collagen, and elastin health. She is known to help soothe and nourish damaged skin, aiding in maintaining a healthy skin barrier.
- Pomegranate seed oil - This unique oil is nourishing and skin conditioning. She is known to help rejuvenate cells by increasing elastin production. A healing oil that's anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory also helps to repair and protect against environmental damage.
- Rosehip seed oil - This potent antioxidant rich oil is known for her skin rejuvenating qualities. She is nourishing and protecting by promoting collagen growth and increasing elastin. A skin barrier supportive oil who fights environmental damage and deep wrinkles, softening, brightening and strengthening your skin.
Why botanical oils are essential in foundational skincare
Think of your skincare routine like your nutrition. A solid foundational skincare routine of botanical oils is like whole food nutrition for your skin, providing a wide range of nutrients to nourish, moisturize, and protect.
Enhance or supplement your skincare routine with botanical serums for an added punch. Serums are perfect for targeting a specific skincare concern and are not necessarily used every day or both morning and night.
That’s why we recommend a simple and consistent botanical skincare routine combined with botanical serums as needed!
Interested in learning more about simple skincare routines? Check out our 5-Minute Skincare Routine for Tired Mamas.
We carefully hand-select botanical ingredients based on quality and their skin loving benefits. All of our botanical ingredients are certified organic, organically grown, or wildcrafted.
The information in this article is for educational use, and not intended to treat, diagnose, or replace professional medical advice.