A quick boost to your simple skin care routine.
Glowing skin starts from within; whether it's from eating nutritious foods, drinking plenty of water, saying I love you to yourself or repeating your daily affirmations or mantras.
Making the commitment to take care of yourself on a regular basis is a sign of love and appreciation.
One way to do this is to regularly care for your skin with a simple skincare routine for glowing skin. When you look good, you feel good and vice versa. You create an ever glowing cycle. Add a weekly boost to your skincare routine with this simple facial steam.
Why try facial steaming?
Face steaming is a simple way to look and feel refreshed while treating yourself to a mini spa treatment.
Give your skincare routine a little boost with this inexpensive at home facial.
In addition to its many benefits for your skin, facial steaming is also great for naturally reducing congestion.
Who should face steam?
Facial steaming is great for most skin types but is not recommended if you have any of the following skin conditions:
- inflamed skin
- extremely sensitive skin
- uncontrolled rosacea
- acne lesions
- Face steaming softens blackheads, dirt, oil and other pore clogging impurities. Get a deeper cleanse and improve blackhead removal.
- Face steaming can increases circulation, carrying oxygen and nutrients to your skin while eliminating waste. It can also help stimulate collagen and elastin regeneration, leaving you with healthy glowing skin.
- Facial steaming naturally hydrates and plumps dry skin.
Simple Face Steam
For a simple facial steam all you need is a heat proof bowl, a small towel (hand towel size) and steamy hot water. Follow the steps below.
- Heat about 2 cups of water on the stove top until simmering.
- Pour the water into a heat proof bowl.
- Test the steam on the inside of your wrist to make sure it is not too hot.
- Add up to 2 drops of essential oils (optional).
- Place a towel over your head, covering your head and the bowl, so the steam is directed towards your face.
- Keep your face about 6 inches from the bowl.
- Steam for up to 10 minutes.
Stop if you feel overly hot or experience any burning.
After your facial steam, rinse your face with lukewarm water and gently pat dry. Apply moisturizer or your favorite face oil to seal in the added hydration.
Essential Oils (for Most Skin Types) for Face Steam:
Elevate your facial steam by adding a total of 2 drops of essential oils.
Skin nourishing essential oils
- Chamomile German (Matricaria recutita)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii, Boswellia sacra, Boswellia frereana)
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens var roseum)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
How often should you steam your face?
Repeat weekly for supple glowing skin. Discontinue use if your skin gets flushed or irritated.
Taking care of your skin is only one part of self-care. Regularly incorporating moments of mindfulness and calm can help you rest, reset and recharge. Easily prioritize yourself by finding activities that do double duty, like facial steaming (nourish skin while calming) or by elevating every day moments into simple self-care. For more tips for naturally glowing skin, check out 5 tips for glowing skin.